Monday, November 25 and Tuesday, November 26 at 8:06 AM ET
SES-2, SR 2-Unity Receiver
Monday, November 25 at 8:06 AM ET
SRN – A Thankful Heart, V01 Netcue for local break
It has been said that life is 10% what happens to you and 90% what you do with it. On this special Thanksgiving program I will be telling powerful true stories of people who determined in the middle of their difficult circumstance to rise above that circumstance and just be thankful.
In the program you will hear:
- In our lifetime, most of us have heard a story told of that first Thanksgiving celebrated by the pilgrims, but few know what really happened to the pilgrims. Today that story will be told.
- But there will be a second pilgrim’s story – it’s the story of what happened to the pilgrims after that first Thanksgiving. In some ways it was a far more difficult time, and if they had not been people of truly amazing faith and courage, they would have never survived.
- You’ll hear the story of a family that was so very poor, and they didn’t even know it. Why? They were so concerned with the hardships of others – they didn’t even see their own. This is the story of what happened one Thanksgiving when this poor family decided to help the poorest family in the church.
- Back in the 70’s I had a job at a church that had been started for the severely handicapped. I thought I was sent there to help them, but what happened to me there at that church changed my life forever.
- Finally, what is it that makes our great America so “Great”? If our greatness is not a “what”, but a big “Who – Almighty God”, then what must we do as a nation to continue receiving God’s Great Blessing?
This program follows the SRN Talk Clock. For questions regarding the program call Jerry Stewart at 360-961-5587.
If you are interested in carrying Jerry Stewart’s daily feature “One Moment in America”, please let us know. Click here for more info about the show.
If you plan to clear “A Thankful Heart”, please send us your information (Call Letters, Market, Time and Date Cleared, GM/OM/PD signature) to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 817-576-3666.