Wednesday, November 21 and Thursday, November 22 at 8:06 AM ET
SES-2, SR 2-Unity Receiver
Wednesday, November 21 at 8:06 AM ET
XDS Receiver, V01 Netcue for local break
There’s a lot of talk today from people saying we should be more tolerant, more kind, more understanding; but I believe what we need more of in America today is to be more thankful. Why? Because in America, there is so much to be thankful for. Of course, not everything is perfect, but sometimes we spend so much effort focusing on the problem issues that we forget to be thankful.
On this special Thanksgiving program for 2018, we’re going to look at those things which we should be thankful for in America today. Then, we’ll ask the very serious and sobering question – “What am I, what are we, as citizens of America today, doing to make America a more thankful nation?
In the program, you will hear:
I AM THANKFUL FOR:
- That First Thanksgiving – Perhaps the most powerful group of people in our nation’s history were the people we call “pilgrims”. So many today don’t know what really happened, and the pilgrim story becomes just another boring history story. In this special program I will tell the true story of those amazing people and how their actions actually “made Thanksgiving”.
- Our Founding Fathers – these people we call our Founding Fathers, with God’s Mighty Help, did the impossible – with just a small group of determined, freedom seeking colonists, they made a nation. But how did they do it? You’ll hear the words, the courageous stories, the perseverance of some like John Hancock, Patrick Henry, Nathan Hale, and others, who gave up so much and worked with a no quit determination to do the impossible – build America!
- Our Protectors – It goes without saying that without our military, our veterans, and those serving today to protect us, there would be no free America. What have these “protectors” done that should make us thankful? I’ll tell their stories.
- Almighty God – It has become harder and harder in America to find God. He’s out of our government buildings, our public schools; and some are trying harder and harder every day to push Him completely out of America. But they can never erase God’s Great part in our America. You’ll hear stories of His Great Part.
- FINALLY THE HARD QUESTION: Will those coming after us be thankful for us and for our part? Will we leave a mark in our nation that people can clearly follow and be thankful for us OR NOT?
This program follows the SRN Talk Clock. For questions regarding the program call Jerry Stewart at 360-961-5587.
If you are interested in carrying Jerry Stewart’s daily feature “One Moment in America”, please let us know. Click here for more info about the show.
If you plan to clear “Give Thanks”, please send us your information (Call Letters, Market, Time and Date Cleared, GM/OM/PD signature) to email@example.com or fax to 817-576-3666.