Monday, July 1 and Tuesday, July 2 at 8:06 AM ET
SES-2, SR 2-Unity Receiver
Monday, July 1 at 8:06 AM ET
XDS Receiver, V01 Netcue for local break
This special holiday program, “The Song of Freedom”, is a powerful patriotic program that will make your listeners proud to be Americans. The show will feature the stories of our nation’s struggle for independence with quotes from our founding fathers and unbelievable true stories of their great sacrifices for our America. There will also be much fun in the program as Jerry tells some wacky true stories in our nation.
This special feature is formatted for a 1 hr time slot – actual length is 44 minutes.
Some of what you will hear in this special program:
- When is the last time you thought about what it must have been like that 1st July 4th in 1776? There was truly much excitement by the colonists, but there was also so much to consider. Our handful of patriots were about to go to war with the most powerful military force in the world at that time. You will hear that story with words from those who were there.
- You will hear the story of patriot Samuel Huntington and how some have come to believe that he, not George Washington, was our first U.S. president. Sounds crazy, but take a listen to the facts.
- There are so many ideas and inventions that have started right here in America. For example, how did we come to have baseball in America? Did you know that it was invented by a Union officer, Abner Doubleday, while he was fighting in the Civil War? There are other inventions to talk about like hot dogs, and pink lemonade. The stories behind these two will truly make you laugh out loud.
- And then there is Old Glory – our beautiful flag. Hear some thoughts about our flag.
- Finally, we will take a hard look at the present condition of our country as it relates to two of our foundational rights as human beings – the first, the right to life, the second, the right to worship God without any interference or restrictions from our government.
This program follows the SRN Talk Clock. For questions regarding the program call Jerry Stewart at 360-961-5587.
If you are interested in carrying Jerry Stewart’s daily feature “One Moment in America”, please let us know. Click here for more info about the show.
If you plan to clear “The Song of Freedom“, please send us your information (Call Letters, Market, Time and Date Cleared, GM/OM/PD signature) to email@example.com or fax to 817-576-3666.