Thursday, June 29 and Friday, June 30 at 8:06 AM ET
SES-2 (formerly AMC-3), SR 2-Unity 4000 Receiver
Thursday, June 29 at 8:06 AM ET
XDS Receiver, Netcue V01
There’s a lot of talk today about the “Greatness” of America. There is no doubt, even with all of our problems, America is still the greatest nation in the world. But how did we come to be such a great nation? Who is responsible for this greatness? And, most important, what must we do now in America to keep this greatness? This special program will investigate these questions with some great true stories of America.
Some of what you will hear in this special Independence Day program:
- There’s much talk today about this idea of globalism, but our founding fathers were concerned most with the idea of nationalism. Must we love our country and want to put it first to be able to continue our success as a nation? Let’s see what our Founding Fathers said.
- Two great and little known stories of our Declaration of Independence. First, did you know that Thomas Jefferson, the architect of that freedom document, was not even supposed to be there at that meeting? Also, who is this little known patriot, Caesar Rodney, and what part did he play in getting the D of I passed?
- When we think of horrible shipwrecks in our American history we think of the Titanic. But did you know that the worst shipwreck in our American history was the U.S.S. Sultana right here on our Mississippi River in 1865. It’s a story too strange to even believe – but it’s true!
- Another story lost in our American history. Early in the Revolutionary War the British knew that they must kill George Washington to win the war. They devised a plan and had him in their cross hairs – so why wasn’t he killed?
- Finally, we will all learn a lesson about the right that all Americans have today – the right to life!
For questions regarding the program call Jerry Stewart at 360-961-5587.
If you are interested in carrying Jerry Stewart’s daily feature “One Moment in America”, please let us know.
If you plan to clear “Our Great America”, please send us your information (Call Letters, Market, Time and Date Cleared) to email@example.com or fax to 817-576-3666.