Martie Whittekin, is a Board-Certified Clinical Nutritionist and the author of the best-selling book, Natural Alternatives to Nexium…and Other Acid blockers. Her latest book is The Probiotic Cure. For decades, Martie has been a national leader in the nutrition industry and an activist for health freedom. She lectures to lay and professional audiences and is a frequent radio and TV guest. Her website library at HBNShow.com, blog and e-newsletter are free health resources.
Since 1997, Martie has interviewed authors, doctors, researchers and other experts who are at the top of their fields. While entertaining in the process, Healthy by Nature aims to educate with responsible science-based information tempered with traditional wisdom. She aims to motivate listeners to choose a healthful path that leads to wellness, abundant energy and a bright outlook. Although the show supports its carefully-chosen sponsors, neither the host nor the show sell anything. Many listeners have followed the show since day one.
LISTENER COMMENTS [typical, emphasis theirs]:
- “I think that the program is the best on the radio in getting out good information.” – S.H.
- “I will keep telling others about your incredible show and your SENSE of HUMOR!” – J.B. (a nurse!)
- “You are way ahead of other sources. I hear things first on your show. I never miss it.” – L. M.
- “I LOVE the show. Keep up the inspiring and informative, healing work!!” – R.W.
- The gradual decline in health and vigor with age may be typical now in the USA but it is unnatural and unnecessary. We can be active and healthy to a very advanced age, IF we learn to obey nature’s laws.
- We don’t catch diseases, we foster them. When we don’t burden the body with excesses it cannot handle (e.g. stress, sugar and toxins) and provide optimum nutritional support, miracles happen!
- Diseases should not be treated as drug deficiencies. Staying alive propped up by them is not the same as LIVING. All drugs by definition have side effects. In contrast, most natural approaches offer fringe benefits. It is common sense to use less toxic and non-invasive approaches first and save the heavy artillery of drugs and surgery for emergencies.
- Most doctors do the best they can in a broken system. However, to avoid over-treatment and missed opportunities, consumers must arm themselves with the nutrition and prevention information that the average doctor has not been taught and may have been wrongfully warned against.
- Consumers are best served by products that are based on research, not hype. High quality products bring the most reliable benefits and are less expensive in the long run.